Friday, February 27, 2009

What do Kenyan moms and dads do?

Some of you wanted to know what sorts of things Kenyan moms and dads did for work and I think I have found some answers for you. I have learned that some parents are doctors. I went to a hospital the other day and there were lots of different doctors and nurses there. Another time, while I was driving down the road we saw some police officers by the side of the road to check to make sure our car was safe. I think some Kenyan parents are police officers as well. I have also met grown-ups in Kenya who are teachers, shopkeepers, taxi-drivers (some are bicycle or motorbike taxis!) and almost everyone has some part of their home where they farm different crops to sell.

Does anyone have a parent who owns a shop, is a police officer, or farmer? I bet all of us know a nurse or teacher! Do you think Kenyan moms and dads sound a lot like moms and dads from West Hartford?

No comments:

Post a Comment